7/23/2008

Fundas Revisited

Fundas Revisited

I couldn't resist myself to pick this book from my colleague's desk. As I would do with any such pick I quickly glanced through it and almost grabbed it for reading it further. It appealed me a lot probably my fundas were quite aligned to the topic, may be.
Here is what I think:

Life is simple

I believed that life is simple and 'we' make it complex (if it is so). I quite often feel how true this is when I observe my daughter, 4 , deal with life. As we grow older our focus, ambition, competition, challenges and last but not the least desire to succeed start contributing to our life. They don't come alone. They make things/life more complicated. So who's to blame if life is complex?

Technology exists solely to make life simpler.

So obvious, isn't it? Technology to me could mean anything, not just computers or cell phones. When human discovered how to light fire or how to cut using sharp edged stones, wasn't it the technology then? So such technology should be leveraged to make life simpler, especially when it starts getting come complex!

Do visit of Laws of Simplicity for more interesting discussion by John Maeda.

No comments: